Public Talks are a great chance to get inspired! These talks are hosted by Kadampa Meditation Centre Liverpool for the people of Merseyside and given by very experienced guest Buddhist meditation teachers.
- Learn how we can integrate Buddha’s ancient advice and wisdom into our busy, modern daily lives.
- Discover the benefits of meditation & mindfulness.
- These teachings are easy to understand and put into practice.
- Everybody is welcome and no experience is necessary.
Meditation is a way of calming the mind and developing a positive approach to life. It is easy to do, and something everyone can learn. Through meditation and mindfulness, we can control our feelings and emotions, gain inner strength, let go of stress and start to truly relax.
A regular meditation practice has many benefits:
- Helps reduce stress
- Overcomes anxiety and worry
- Brings inner calm and a feeling of well-being
- Gives clarity to solve our problems
- Helps us deal with challenging people and situations
Modern Buddhism is a special presentation of Buddha’s ancient teachings of compassion and wisdom that are suited to the people of the busy, modern world.
Buddha explained that all our problems and suffering arise from confused and negative states of mind, and that all our happiness and good fortune arise from peaceful and positive states of mind. He taught methods for gradually overcoming our negative minds such as anger, jealousy, and ignorance, and developing our positive minds such as love, compassion, and wisdom. Through this we will come to experience lasting peace and happiness. Find out more.
The videos below are from our sold out Overcoming Anxiety talk in July 2017. We are very fortunate that Gen Dornying will return this July to give a similar talk to those who missed out.